EZPOG Planogram Software
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create a section?
Choose “Section” from the “Start building your planogram” drop-down menu. Next, drag and drop the thumbnail preview of your section from the Action Panel onto your canvas.
How do I enter feet and inches for properties and position?
When you want to specify the size of a section or fixture, or want to enter the exact position for a fixture, you can use feet, inches, or a combination of the two. For example, if you want to create a section that is 6 feet 6 inches high, enter any of the following: 6.5f, 6.5ft, 6.5 feet, 6f6i, 6ft 6in, 78i, 78 inches, etc.
How can I edit my section properties?
All of your section properties will appear in the Action Panel once you have your section selected or highlighted*. From here, you can scroll through the various fields and edit things like section height, width, depth, base height, and background color; as well as, edit other properties.
*You will know your section is selected or highlighted, because the section will appear in the thumbnail preview screen.
I've already dragged and dropped my section onto the canvas. Can I go back and change my section properties?
Yes. Simply, click on your section, and then make any necessary changes to your section in the Action Panel. Hit the “Enter” or “Tab” key after each edit. Your changes will be reflected immediately, thereafter.
What is the difference between a section and a segment?
A section defines the entire width, end-to-end, of your planogram. A segment will provide a visual “break” in your section. This can be accomplished clicking into the Input Form in your toolbar and selecting the Segment data tab. There, you can add segments and alter their widths independently by editing the “Width” column. The example, here, shows three separate 3-ft segments.
How do I create a fixture?
Choose “Fixture” from the “Start building your planogram” drop-down menu. Now, select a fixture you would like to add to your section. Next, drag and drop the thumbnail preview of your fixture from the Action Panel onto your canvas. In this example, we have selected a Shelf.
How can I edit my fixture properties?
All of your fixture properties will appear in the Action Panel, once you have your fixture selected or highlighted*. From here, you can scroll through the various fields and edit things like fixture height, width, depth, and color; as well as, edit other properties.
*You will know your fixture is selected or highlighted, because the fixture will appear in the thumbnail preview screen.
I’ve already dragged and dropped my fixture onto the canvas. Can I go back and change my fixture properties?
Yes. Simply, click on your fixture, and then make any necessary changes to your fixture in the Action Panel. Hit the “Enter” or “Tab” key after each edit and your changes will be reflected immediately, thereafter.
Can EZPOG help me with pegboards?
EZPOG lets you create and place pegboards that function exactly like the real thing. Simply, choose Pegboard from the fixture drop-down in the Selection Panel and edit the properties of your pegboard in the Action Panel. You can edit the dimensions, hole-spacing, merchandisable depth, color, and other pegboard properties. Pegboards can also be used to generate a “Slat Wall.”
How can I place my fixture more precisely?
At the top of your canvas, you will see an XYZ coordinate bar. When you have a fixture selected, you can edit the XYZ coordinates to place the fixture precisely – as opposed to placing it using your mouse.
- X controls the left-to-right location, with 0 being the leftmost position on the planogram.
- Y controls the bottom-to-top location, with 0 being the bottom or ground position of the section.
- Z controls the back-to-front location or depth, with 0 being at the back or on the backboard of your section.
After entering each coordinate, hit the Tab or Enter key to assign that coordinate immediately.
How can I spread my facings evenly on my shelf?
By default, all products placed on a shelf will be aligned to the left. You can change this: to align right; to spread like-products together with an even space between groups; or, to spread each individual product evenly across the entire space of the shelf.
First, select your shelf and modify the Product Placement attribute in the Action Panel.
How do I select products to merchandise?
In the Selection Panel, select Product from the first drop-down and expand the Select Category drop-down to reveal your selection options. If you are an SMSB1 Image Library Subscriber, you can access all your image categories by expanding the SMSB Products tree. If you would like to choose from the products you have imported, expand the Custom Imported Products tree to review your category choices. You can browse by Category and, then, by Sub-Category.
1 SMSB Consulting Group is a product image and data catalog source for digital product content including e-commerce and planogram images.
How can I search for specific products?
In the Search Text field, enter your search criteria. You can search using a range of criteria such as UPC, partial UPC, flavor, size, utility, brand, etc. The searchable criteria are limited only by the type of data provided within the database.
Can I add multiple products to my planogram at the same time?
Yes. Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and left-click each product from the list you would like to add. As you select each product, it will appear in your Action Panel. When finished, you can simply drag the products from your Action Panel in one group and onto your fixture.
How do I add more facings of a product?
To add multiple facings of a particular product: first, make sure the product is selected and press the number for how many facings you would like on your keyboard’s number pad. To reduce facings: simply, highlight the product and press a lower number.
How can I change my product orientation?
To change your product orientation or the view you want merchandised, select your product and use the Orientation drop-down located in the Action Panel to make your selection.
Why do I see duplicate categories/sub-categories in my product drop-down?
When you imported your Product Attribute Template, you had categories/sub-categories that looked identical, but were not [i.e., you had a space (“ “) before, in, or after your category/sub-category.] This creates a new unique entry relative to the entry without a space. Review your data before importing for this and other common mistakes, e.g., duplicate UPCs.
How can I delete a section, fixture, or product?
First, select the item you want to delete and press the Delete key on your keyboard. If your action will delete multiple items from your planogram, the system will first warn you before letting you proceed. To confirm deletion: simply, click Yes on the dialog box. To cancel: click No or Cancel.
How can I import my product listing into EZPOG?
- In the Selection Panel, you will see an Import Options drop-down menu. Click here and make your selection.
- In the proceeding screen, you are provided with a link to download an Excel template. Save the template to your desktop.
- Open the template and paste in your product attribute data. All of the Yellow Header Columns are required. Remember: In your filter selection, you can browse by Category and Sub-Category. Use Desc A to enter your Sub-Category. All Grey Header Columns are optional. If you are importing peg items, you may want also to import peg dimensions. When you are finished, save your template.
- Now, return to the screen from where you downloaded the template and click the Browse button. Navigate to where you saved your Excel sheet and click Open. Then, click Upload in the above window. You will be taken to your Import Queue which you can refresh periodically to check on the status of your upload. This screen will also show your upload history. **Note** It is very important to import valid and correct data to ensure your products and reports reflect correct data.
Am I required to import images to create planograms?
No. You need only import a Product Attribute Data file to create, save, print, and export to-scale planograms. Images only need to be imported, if you want a “live” image view of your planogram.
How can I import images into EZPOG?
- **Note** You will first need to prepare your images for upload – see FAQ on Preparing My Images within next question. In the Selection Panel, click on Import Options and then Import Images.
- Click Browse and locate your Zipped Images and click Open.
- Now, click on the Upload button. You will be taken to your Import Queue which you can refresh periodically to check on the status of your upload. This screen will also show your upload history.
How do I prepare my images for upload into EZPOG?
- Image Type: Image files loaded into EZPOG must be in a Targa (.tga) format. If you have Bitmap (.bmp), Jpeg (.jpg), or any other image format, you must first convert them into .tga format. **Note** Image must be converted using a conversion tool. They cannot simply be renamed.
- Image Views: After your images have been converted to .tga, you must rename the file extension to .1, .2, or .3 depending on the view. .1 denotes Front View; .2 denotes Left View; and, .3 denotes Top. For example, if your product UPC is 1234567890, then your front, left, and top views will be respectively 67890.1, 67890.2, and 67890.3.
- Folder/File Structure: Your images must be in a manufacturer UPC coded folder with a 10-digit UPC structure. For example, if your product has a UPC of 1234567890 then you will have a Folder named 12345. Within this folder you will have your image views that match this manufacturer code with the second half of the UPC as the file name and an extension denoting the image view.
- Compress: Once, this is done, you will ZIP the folder and create a compressed ZIP file. The ZIP file is what you upload into EZPOG. This file may be named anything you like. We suggest giving it a name relevant to your upload. This way, in your upload history, you will be better able to determine that on which you have worked previously. The above example shows a ZIP file called 11269.zip.
- **HINT**: Using an image editing software, Select and Save the “background” or “negative space” as an Alpha Channel. Now, crop your image as closely to your product as possible and save the file. This will create a transparent background for your image once uploaded into EZPOG!
How do I assign image views to my image files?
Multiple image views can be loaded into your library. This way, you can merchandise a product in the system in any way which you can merchandise that product on a real fixture. See the following image view guide and assign image extensions accordingly:
*If you import Tray and Case images and they do not have unique UPCs, then you will need to add a T or C to the end of the UPC just before the extension to have the system display that image when you select either the Tray or Case merch style (e.g., 67890T.1 and 67890C.1.)
How do I convert my image UPC length properly?
Image folders and files need to be in a split 10-digit UPC format. As such, you will need to convert your UPC to a 10-digit version, if you are not starting with a 10-digit UPC (e.g., a UPC-11 or UPC-12 format.) See the guide below.
I receive an error while importing data. Why?
There are multiple reasons for why you might receive an error during your import. Some of the most common reasons for errors follow:
- Your spreadsheet is missing one or more cells in the Required columns
- Your spreadsheet is still open, while you are trying to upload it
- You have deleted columns from your Excel template
- Your image files are not in the correct folder/file structure
- Your image files have not been converted to Targa format
- Your images do not have the proper “view” extension
- You forgot to Zip your images before attempting to import
I imported my Product Attribute Data and Images successfully, but my images are not appearing in my planogram. Why?
If, after you have given EZPOG some time to refresh your image data, you do not see your images in your planogram: first, make sure that you are currently set on Images in your View Options drop-down at the top right of your screen. If you do not see images still, then you will need to review the UPCs in your attribute file versus the image file names from your imported image zip file. EZPOG will match product data to images based on UPC. Your images must be structured in a 10-digit folder/file format. Your Product Attribute Data may be in a different UPC format, 11, 12, 13 etc. However, they must still match up to your image files when converting to a 10-digit UPC.
How can I update my Product Attributes?
Simply, re-import your Product Attribute File. The data in EZPOG will be overwritten with your new file’s data. Simply, select UPC or ID when importing to match on that primary key.
I want to add a few products to my database. Will I need to re-import the entire database again?
No. Simply, import those products alone in the Product Attribute and Image files. This action will also speed up your upload and subsequent processing.
Which browsers are supported?
EZPOG currently supports Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox (Internet Explorer is not supported).
(Premium) Can I export my planogram?
Yes. You can export your planogram in EZPOG’s native .ezp format, JDA compatible .psa format, and as a .jpg image. To export the planogram as a workable planogram file, click on the export button:
Select either .ezp or .psa for your file format and select your save location.
To export your planogram as an image file, click on the Save As JPEG button:
Your planogram can now be inserted into other software as an image.
(Premium) I exported my planogram to my local drive, but I see the planogram in EZPOG still. Why?
If you wish to remove your planogram from the system, you must delete it from EZPOG. Exporting a planogram file, only, exports a copy of the file to a local directory. It does not delete the existing file from the system. To delete the file from EZPOG:
- Return to the home screen
- Select the folder where you planogram resides
- Check the box next to your planogram
- Then, click on the trash can icon.
(Premium) Which reports are available for my planogram and how do I get them?
Clicking on the View Reports button will call up a dialog box for you to make your report selection.
Select your report by clicking the corresponding radio button next to the report name. You can save the report locally and open it immediately.
Using basic MS Excel formulas, you can produce a wide variety of analysis depending on the report that you have selected and on which data you have imported for your products.
How can I change my planogram heading?
First, select your Section. Next, change the Name field in your Action Panel properties window to create the Heading as you would like it to appear. This Heading will show when you print your planogram.
(Premium) How do I use Color Rules to highlight product?
Click on the Configure Color Rules button to open up the color rules window.
Click the Add New Rule button at the top left of the window. Select your desired criterion from the Criteria Name drop-down menu.
Select your operator from the Operator drop-down menu. Enter your criterion value in the Criteria Value field.
Select a color for your rule.
Finally, click on Run Rules Now at the top right of the window and then click OK at the bottom of the window.
The same steps may be taken to:
- Add more/other rules
- Select rules to be inactive or active
- Change the order of the rules by moving up or down
- Delete rules
How can I set my primary key for my planogram?
Click on the Product Labels Options button in the toolbar above the canvas. Find the Primary Key drop-down at the bottom on the menu. Make your selection and hit OK. Then, save your POG before exporting. You can set your Primary Key to UPC, ID, or both.
How can I update my POG product data with the data in my master product library?
First, update your product library by importing an updated product attribute template. Next, open your POG and click into the Input Form button on the toolbar; click on the Product Data tab; and, then, click Update From Library. This replaces all product data in your POG with the newly-updated data in your master library [i.e., it will update any new descriptions, dimensions, etc.]
How can I make my *Home* folder load more quickly?
If, when you first login, you notice that your *Home* folder file listing appears empty and only loads completely after a short while, then it may be time for some file cleanup. Remember: All imported files are first saved to your *Home* folder even if you save them elsewhere; leaving you with two copies. You may want to delete some of your older files from your *Home* folder to speed up loading a bit.
How can I add a Header and Sub-Header to my printout?
Click on your Section and modify the Name field in the Action Panel. This will become your Header when you print to PDF. In the Action Panel, scroll down to the Text field where what you enter here will become your Sub-Header when you print to PDF.
I’m using a Mac and my images are not importing correctly. Why?
While EZPOG will function 100% while using a Mac, it is important to note that compression applications (zipping) on Macs do not function the same as they do in a PC environment. We recommend using a PC to compress (zip) your image folder/files to avoid this issue.